|Consultation Times ||Nurse Times|
|Monday - Friday||Monday - Friday|
| || |
| || |
How can I prepare my home for fireworks season?
You can help your dog or cat by creating a den. If your pet already has a hiding place then this space can be used making it as snug and secure as possible by adding blankets or bedding. If you are making the den from scratch, its best to do this a few weeks before so that your pet knows it is a safe place for when fireworks start.
Top tips for firework night!
- Provide a den for your pet
- Keep your dog indoors during fireworks and ensure their microchip details are up to date
- Ensure windows, doors remain closed during firework season to both prevent pets escaping and reduce the noise
- Provide distractions e.g. new toys and treats. Draw curtains and put the TV or radio on to hide any noise
- DO NOT punish your pet! This will only make your pet more distressed
- Try not to leave your pets alone when fireworks are going off
- Contact the surgery for sprays and diffusers to help relieve anxiety for your pets