*Throughout February we are offering 10% off dental referrals – please contact us for this discount*
If you wish for your pet to be referred for dental treatment please fill out our referrals form or fax a clinical history and any relevant blood tests and laboratory results to 01527 853688.
Alternatively, contact the surgery directly on 01527 853304 for us to arrange the referral with your client.
We usually start our investigations and treatment on the same day that you visit. This will often involve general anaesthesia and to enable this to be done we ask that dogs, cats and ferrets are starved from 7pm the night before. Rabbits and other small pets should have their food left available all the time. Please do not withhold water at all. Pets can continue to drink overnight and on the morning of admission.
After the initial examination we will discuss your options for further investigation and/or treatment as appropriate. An estimate will be prepared. Where appropriate a discharge appointment will be made for the evening surgery for us to discuss the treatment and for you to collect your pet.
Typical cases that are referred:
- Management of periodontal disease
- Fractured teeth requiring extraction or root canal treatments
- Non-vital teeth (discoloured teeth or teeth with damaged pulps)
- Feline oral conditions – Resorptive lesions and chronic inflammatory disease
- Orthodontic assessment (bite evaluation) and treatment in selected cases
- Enamel defects
- Jaw fractures
- Oral surgery – oral tumours, oronasal fistula repair, cleft palate repair
- Temperomandibular joint problems
- Rabbits, guinea pigs and chinchillas